Anne Robinson, Karen Saxby
The Ocean: A Handbook is a treasure trove of information and inspiration for anyone with an abiding love for the ocean.
This beautiful book features short-subject deep dives on topics like science, sailing, kayaking, surfing, diving, survival, and much more.
From experienced seafarers to ocean novices, for those about to ride their first wave, stand-up paddle on a dive, find a simple "one pan" galley recipe, or identify a bird that landed on the bow, The Ocean is rich with how-to advice and instruction.
• Features expert consultation and entertaining asides about the sea
• Filled with more than 200 informative and evocative illustrations
• A compilation of miscellany and delight for the ocean lover
In The Ocean, a sense of respect and wonder for the ocean come together under a foil-stamped and textured cover.
This handsomely packaged volume is the go-to guide for anyone captivated by the wonder, power, and mystery of the sea.
• An entertaining, authoritative, and captivating guide to all activities involving the sea
• The ultimate gift book for sailors, fishers, surfers, beachcombers, and ocean lovers everywhere
• Perfect for people who live in coastal areas, those who love the ocean, sailing, and ships, and anyone captivated by the power and mystery of the sea
• Add it to the shelf with books like SAS Survival Handbook by John Wiseman, Dangerous Book for Boys by Conn Iggulden, and Cabin Porn by Beaver Brook.