Colloquial Persian: The Complete Course for Beginners has been carefully developed to provide a step-by-step course to Persian as it is written and spoken today. Combining a clear, practical, and accessible style with a methodical and thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Persian in a broad range of situations.
Each unit presents a wealth of grammatical points across different key topics for communicating in Persian. This fourth edition offers thoroughly updated and expanded cultural notes, refined language points offering greater clarity and understanding of the most difficult points, a clearer introduction to the Persian script, and new audio material. Balanced, comprehensive, and rewarding, Colloquial Persian is an indispensable resource both for independent learners and students taking courses in Persian. No prior knowledge of the language is required.
Key features include:
- A clear, user-friendly format designed to help learners progressively build up their speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills.
- Jargon-free, succinct, and clearly structured explanations of grammar.
- An extensive range of focused and dynamic supportive exercises.
- Realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of narrative situations.
- Helpful cultural points explaining the customs and features of life in Iran.
- An overview of the sounds of Persian.