Anne Robinson, Karen Saxby
The Encounter guide gives you twice the city in half the time.
Wander among the ghosts of kings at mighty Wawel Cathedral, take in cocktails and candlelit jazz in a 700-year-old cavern or hire a bike and explore the Old Town by pedal power - it's all here.
This pared-down number is ideal for quick trips - it's less accommodation, more neighbourhood highlights and the best of local knowledge.
Inside this book:
- Full-colour pull-out map and detailed neighbourhood maps
- Our discerning author pinpoints the city's best sights, museums, shops, restaurants and entertainment
- Snapshots section gets you into the swing of the culture
- Local experts reveal Kraków s secrets: from contemporary Jewish culture to the city's unique art scene
- Contains essential phrases but a Lonely Planet Polish phrasebook is also recommended
We know because we go: every Lonely Planet guide is 100% researched and updated by our authors on-the-ground